Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jenna Lyons Spotted in Jay Z Performance Piece


"Thanks!" to erlee (in this post), who let us know the following news on J.Crew's Jenna Lyons.
  
Jay Z's recent performance piece was turned into a video titled "Picasso Baby". Among the famous people Jay Z interacts with: J.Crew's very own Jenna Lyons. You can spot her (and her signature eyewear) during the video and a special shout-out at the end.

The "Picasso Baby" piece is inspired by Marina Abramović's piece "The Artist Is Present" at MOMA. I actually remember this (and wanted to go to it so badly). The best I could do was watch the HBO special about Marina and her work (which is worth watching). I don't "get" some (okay, most) of her actions (like making her pupils eat honey wrapped in a thin 24-carat gold leaf!), but she is definitely interesting to watch.

What are your thoughts on Jenna Lyons presence in Jay Z's video? Did you spot her right away?

5 comments:

  1. I liked this - it was fun picking out all the people like Jenna (who you just can't miss!), Jim Jarmusch, Judd Apatow, Cynthia Rowley and the cast of Girls.

    Jay Z does occasionally mention cashmere in his songs...wonder if he's tried JC? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that was fun to watch and spot some known faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jay Z...I'm seeing him in concert on Saturday!!!! I enjoyed watching this...thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun! There was so much energy in this video - I hope the concert is the same way.

      Delete
  4. When I first saw it I was like... "hold it? Is that Jenna Lyons ?!?! " and then they did the credits at the end and I was like "yayyy I was right!" This video was just chock full of some really awesome/interesting people. It was such an engaging piece to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)