Tuesday, September 5, 2017

J.Crew Reviews {straight from the JCAs!}

This is the weekly "J.Crew Reviews {straight from the JCAs}" post, to help each other share our reviews.

So if you have recently purchased, or stopped by a J.Crew store to try on an item (or two) from J.Crew, maybe you might be willing to share that information with us in this post.

Also, this request is not just limited to clothes. Please feel free to discuss bags, shoes, jewelry, accessories, etc.

In particular, if you could mention a few of the noteworthy details like fit, size, fabric, and the like— that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance! :)

2 comments:

  1. Styling the striped off the shoulder sweater on the blog. Quality is much better than expected, and sizing is TTS. This sweater was under $35 yesterday.

    Heather
    Partial to Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Received the Pierre Frey tunic in XS and S (usual JC dress/top size). Both are going back. The colors are not as vibrant as they are online, and the the fabric is less substantial than I thought, even for a caftan. The XS fit just right, but if I were to keep as a cover-up I'd take the S because I like things a little loose especially on the beach. I have a number of Emerson Fry caftans that I wear for the beach and to go out, and that was how I intended to wear the PF tunic, but the material is definitely not substantial or opaque enough.
    Also received the wool ruffle skirt in the mustard color. I took my usual bottom size and it was fine. The color is gorgeous for fall, but I hate hate hate the elastic waist, which is visible from the back, and the placement of the ruffles, which seemed to emphasize how wide my thighs are. But the most offensive element was the elastic waist - from the front it was office appropriate, but the back view looked like I was getting ready for kindergarten (as a student, not as the teacher). I could not wear that to work and look professional.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)