Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Weekly Share: Other JCrew-like Retailers

This is the weekly "Other JCrew-like Retailers" post (similar to the "Off On A Tangent" posts), where we can share our finds from other retailers that have offerings similar to J.Crew (like Anthropologie, LE Canvas, Gap, BR, Talbots, Ann Taylor, and the like.)

If you have recently encountered items that are similar to J.Crew, maybe you might be willing to share that information with us in this post.

Please feel free to share your story on almost any topic— including experiences with certain merchandise pieces, promotions/ offers, in-store visits, transactions with store associates, etc.

1 comment:

  1. VINCE. is offering an additional 25% off sale apparel, and additional 40% off sale shoes. Code is JANUARY. Most items are Final Sale or Return for Credit Only, so be aware :)

    If you are in the market for hightop bootie sneakers, I highly recommend. I've been wearing the Kelowna sneakers (in Pewter & Woodsmoke) since September, and love them. With the promo, they're just under $125. They're a shorter than the Newlyn hightops, which is great for shorter people like myself. However, there are a few sizes left in black Newlyns -- with 40% off they are about $90 which is amazing.

    For sizing, of course, everyone varies, but I find that Vince tends to run a bit large. I'm usually an 8.5 (sometimes 9), and I have an 8 in the Kelowna and Newlyn, but have tried the Bray on in the past in an 8.5 and that was fine, albeit a bit long. If you have narrow feet you might get a size smaller too.

    I've been wanting a pair of white leather loafers, and am considering getting the Bray flats. However, I'm not sure if they're weird -- is it too much plain solid white...as the shoes have no detailing? https://www.vince.com/women-sale/?sz=247

    I had considered the JC Academy loafers in Highland Mist, but the reviews saying they run narrow scared me off the final sale (and now my size is OOS anyway). Everlane is also an option, I suppose, but my experience with their loafers is they scuff SO easily.

    ReplyDelete

Dear J.Crew Aficionadas & Aficionados: Please feel free (and encouraged) to share your thoughts and opinions. :) However, please note that this is still a personal blog. So comments that are considered inappropriate (e.g. obscene, racist, homophobic, personal attacks, rude, and just plain mean) will be removed.

And now back to J.Crew! :)